Disclaimer

The contents of this blog do not represent the views of the Peace Corps or the United States government.

Tuesday 15 March 2016

Grant proposal: APPROVED!

Wonderful news everyone! Our grant proposal has been approved! As soon as all of the signed paperwork is processed, I will finally have a link to send to people with a page on the Peace Corps website that processes donations. I feel extremely blessed in that everyone from back home (or abroad) I have told about the project has been completely supportive and ready to help, it really means the world to me. We have a lot of money to raise and a lot of work to do and I can't wait to get started. The picture below is the two-room building that the Village Development Committee donated for the project. We need to put a new fence around the property, connect the electricity, put in a ceiling, re-paint, and build shelves. The rooms are also rather small, so we decided to build a shade outside for people to comfortably read outside (I think that will be especially wise during the very hot summers). I am so proud of the progress out Reading Room Committee has made. Stay tuned for the link!


The future reading room!

No comments:

Post a Comment